Test Automation Factory (TAF)
Test Automation Factory or commonly known as 'TAF' is a unique out-of-the-box test automation suite provided along with AutoRABIT. Our TAF gives you the ability to run your tests, upload test cases, and even use our “Curing Engine” to transform your test case. The Curing Engine will fix simple test case errors. TAF gives you the ability for a seamless “Playback” of your test scripts. The “Play Back” separates the data layers of your test scripts allowing you to run your scripts in multiple browsers and environments. The goal is to provide you with a system that is easy to use that even a Business Analyst can create and run tests cases.
Test Automation Factory is a semi-automated functional test automation framework built into AutoRABIT suite that can accelerate the test automation effort as well as reduce the cost of test automation by 75% of what will incur with traditional programming driven / IDE driven test automation.
A. How does TAF accelerate test automation and reduce costs?
AutoRABIT's TAF is based on record and playback solution which can rapidly generate automated test scripts without the need for complex programming/scripting expertise. QA team members/ Business Analysts can record the test scripts from a browser plug-in and upload to AutoRABIT, thus giving the power to the teams to rapidly automate the scripts and build regression suite.
Once automated, a regression test suite can reduce significant cost, effort and time of testing in the future releases. It also adds scalability to the teams to develop multiple applications in parallel and increase the release velocity.
B. What are the other benefits of using AutoRABIT Test Automation Factory compared to traditional model/IDE driven development?
AutoRABIT's TAF has an enhanced Selenium Playback engine developed exclusively for Salesforce Platform.
There are 3 additional advantages you get once a recorded test script is played back with our TAF:
- The test script can be run on multiple Sandboxes without any additional effort.
- The test script can be run on multiple data sets, where data set can be entered from UI itself to accommodate positive / negative scenarios.
- The test script can be chosen to run on every check-in / deployment done to a release environment.
C. What is the typical workflow with TAF?
- AutoRABIT's TAF expert team provides basic training to QA (Quality Analysis) team members on the best practices using Selenium recorder to record the test scripts as part of the initial roll-out.
- QA team will register the Sandboxes scoped for testing with AutoRABIT and test for the initial login to be successful since Salesforce asks for security token at the time of first login from a new IP address.
- QA team member records a test scenario and uploads to AutoRABIT.
- AutoRABIT TAF will run the uploaded test scripts in scheduled batches. It will try to playback the recorded script.
- If the playback is successful:
- An email notification is sent from AutoRABIT to the QA team member for review of the automated test case along with the data set that is entered at the time of testing.
- The QA team member can attach the test case to multiple environments / data sets.
- The QA team member checks-in the changes to the version control from AutoRABIT UI.
- If the Playback is unsuccessful:
- AutoRABIT team will review the reasons. If there is any error with the way the script is recorded, the TAF team expert will let the client QA team member know of the improvements to be done. If there is any error due to any browser issue / Lightning framework changes with the new release or a gap with AutoRABIT TAF playback libraries â€“ AutoRABIT TAF team will resolve the issue, upload the transformed test case with successful playback to AutoRABIT. Note: Step 3 will continue from here.
D. How about script maintenance for any enhancements done in the new release?
The test scripts are available for download in standard Selenium webdriver format from AutoRABIT TAF UI.
- If the team is comfortable with basic Selenium, they can directly make the changes to the existing script, test and upload them back to AutoRABIT.
- Alternatively, they can record the test script fresh and upload the same to AutoRABIT [ as per the workflow defined above].
E. Can AutoRABIT team record and create automated test scenarios, once we share the functional test cases in excel?
Yes. AutoRABIT TAF experts can create the automated tests from the excel sheet as an additional professional service.
F. What are the browsers / mobile devices/ OS supported for test execution?
- Chrome, Safari, IE 11, Firefox are supported as browsers.
- Linux / Mac / Windows supported as desktop operating systems.
- Android / IOS supported as mobile operating systems.
- Translation testing is supported in multiple languages.
TAF comes with 2 functionalities.
- Test Transformation
- Test Execution
i) Test Transformation
This screen allows you to playback the selenium recorded scripts smoothly as well as commit your Test scripts to Version Control.
You can add multiple Data Sets to a Single Test Case.
Allows you to select the type of Test (Selenium)
Give Label Name to the Test Case
User upload the recorded Test Case using Selenium
Indicates that the Test case transformation is in progress
Indicates that the Test case transformation is Completed
Indicates that the Test case transformation is Under Review from AutoRABIT TAF Team
Allows user to commit their Test scripts to Version Control.
ii) Test Execution
This allows you to run the Test Cases multiple times on different browsers. You can also run multiple Data Sets of a Single Test Case to different Sandboxes.
|Test Job allows you to select the Test Jobs already created in AutoRABIT|
|Run Test Job runs the selected Test Job|
|View/Edit Test Job allows you to View or Edit your selected Test Job|
|Delete Test Job allows you to delete the selected Test Job|
|New Test Job allows you to create a New Test Job|
Operations in Test Execution Section
New Test Job: This allows you to create a New Test Job.
Note: The Salesforce Orgs registered within AutoRABIT using Standard Authentication are available under “Select Salesforce Org to run tests”.
Run Test Job: This allows you to run the Test Job they have created in AutoRABIT.
View/Edit Test Jobs: This allows you to run the Test Job they have created in AutoRABIT.
Delete Test Job: Delete Test Job allows you to delete the selected Test Job.
Dashboard allows users to view the detailed view of the Test Job run.
Tags recommended by the template: article:topic-guide