Whether working in a team or by yourself, it’s always useful to have an overview of your deployment history. Each time you do a deploy, a history entry is created so you have a full record of deploys and who did them. This history includes information about who deployed, when they deployed, what code revision was deployed and how the deployment was triggered (web, API or redeployment hook). In addition to this, you can also revert to previous commits if need be.
Accessing Deployment history
To view the Deployment History:
- Log in to your AutoRABIT account. Then, go to your Deployment Menu, then click on Deployment History.
- A screen called Deployment History is displayed listing each deployment in a grid format.
- The information shown is:
- Deployment Label Name
- Time - The date and time of the deployment.
- Deployment Status - Whether the deployment succeeded or failed.
- Author - The name of the user who carried out the deployment.
- In case you want to view deployments that were authored between any two dates, you can use the Filter option ()to scope down the list of deployments.
- Show All will list down all the deployments that are carried in AutoRABIT removing the filter option.
- Deployment Log (): Deployment Log gives you the information about the entire deployment process run for the selected deployment label.
Actions associated with Deployment History
Several actions can be performed in the Deployment History page. They are:
- New Deployment: Clicking on New Deployment at top right corner of the screen allows you to trigger a New Selective Deployment Cycle (view the New Deployment section to know more).
- Quick Deploy: With Quick Deploy, the components that have been validated successfully for the target environment within the last ten days can be deployed using AutoRABIT.
- Delete a deployment: To delete a deployment from your deployment history, click the Delete () button. This cannot be undone!
- Download Metadata: To allows you to download the package used for the deployment whether the deployment is a success or a failure, click on Download Metadata option.
Note: This option would not be available if the deployment status is “Validation – Success/Failure”.
- Redeploy/Promote: This option allows you to re-deploy the same label into the same destination, with the changes made or promote the same label into a different destination, with the changes made.
- Rollback: Rollbacks the sandbox to its original state (purge on delete is not applicable for Production environment).
- Abort: Abort the deployment process.
- View Graph: View Graph gives the graphical representation of the metadata members included in the deployment package.
- Deployed/ Deployable Components: This report displays the components that have been successfully deployed into the target sandbox. Here you have an option to download the deployed/deployable components in .XML format. To do so, click on the Download button.
- Failed Components: This report displays the components that have not been deployed into the target sandbox.
- Deleted Components: When pre-destructive or post-destructive changes are selected during deployment initiation, the deleted components from the deployment gets displayed here.
- Apex Test Failure: This report displays the apex test components that have failed.
- Code Coverage Warning: This report shows the components in which the minimum code coverage has not been achieved (75% of code coverage is recommended by Salesforce).