New Merge allows you to trigger a new merge operation between two branches in a Version Control System.
Navigate to New Merge
To create a New Merge:
- Log in to your AutoRABIT account. Then, go to your Version Control Menu, then click on New merge.
- The following screen gets displayed.
- Select a Version Control repository in the Repository field.
- Select the source and the target branch from the drop-down list.
- Next, select a Merge Type:
- Entire Branch: You can merge an entire branch to a different Branch
- Single Revision: You can merge a Single Revision from the Commits you have performed
- Commit Labels: You can select the Commit Labels created while committing to Version Control System.
- Release Labels: You can select the Release Labels created using the committed Revisions as well as the Labels.
- Conflict Resolution Strategy field allows you to select the way you want to resolve the conflicts. By default, you can select either of the three options:
- Manually resolve conflicts: You can resolve the conflicts manually in the merge screen.
- Choose file from source: Allows you to choose from source to resolve the conflicts.
- Choose file from destination: Allows you to choose from destination to resolve the conflicts.
- Give the operation a label name.
- Give a comment about the Merge Operation (if any).
- Enter the email id(s) to send an email notification of the merge reports.
- Click Dry Run, to validate the merge. The label is displayed in the Merge History page as Merged_Not_Committed.
- Click Merge, and the label is updated in the Merge History page. The Merge reports gets generated and the same gets triggered to the given mail id.