The Merge history lists every merge operation you've previously run through AutoRABIT.
It is also where you get detailed log of the Merge Operation performed based on Repository and Branch selection.
Accessing Merge history
You can access your Merge history under the Version Control > Merge history menu.
The Merge history contains a list of all successful merge operation run through AutoRABIT. For each item, the following information is displayed:
- Merge Label: Merge operation name.
- Owner: You can view the owner who performed the merge operation.
- Date: The date and time of the deployment.
- Status: You can know the status of the merge operation
- Actions: Several actions can be performed on any history item (see below)
Actions in Merge history
Several actions can be performed in the Merge History page.
- New Merge
- Merge Summary
- Merge Report
- Merge log
New Merge allows you to trigger a new merge operation between two branches in a Version Control System. (For more info, go to New Merge Section)
This contains key information about the merge operation, including the merge type, URL associated and the source and target branch to be deployed.
Sometimes you get merge conflicts when merging or pulling from a branch. A merge report gives a detailed report of the conflicting files that occur during a merge. A report will not be generated if the merge is already up to date or if it’s in progress.
To resolve the conflicts of a merge:
- Go to the required Label and click Report to see a list of conflicted files and merged files in the window.
- Now select a conflicted file that must be resolved.
- Select the conflict from the list of conflicts. Navigate among the conflicts by using Prev Conflict and New Conflict.
- Now select an option to resolve the conflicted files:
- Use Local File: Use local file to resolve the conflict
- Use Remote File: Use remote file to resolve the conflict
- Use this text block:
- Local block to use a block of code from the Local file instead of the entire file
- Remote block to use a block of code from the Remote file instead of the entire file
- Use text block from ‘mine’ before ‘theirs’: Use text from local block first, then use text from the remote block
- Use text block from ‘theirs’ before ‘mine’: Use text from remote block first, then use text from the local block
- Click Resolve to resolve the selected conflicted file.
Click Log of a label to view the log of a merge activity.
Iconic Representation for Merge History home page as below:
Refresh icon allows you to refresh the Commit history page without refreshing the entire browser
Repository drop down allows you to select the Repository
Branch drop down allows you to select the Branch
Filter Icon allows you to search for a specific Merge based on created like From & To date and by Merged by.
New Merge allows you to trigger a New Merge
Icon gives the summary of the Merge performed
Icon gives the Report of the Merge performed based on status like MERGED_NOT_COMMITTED, FAILED & MERGED
Icon notifies that there are Conflicts in the Merge
Log icon gives the detailed log of the Merge Operation performed
Tags recommended by the template: article:topic