The commit history page shows you the history of all the commits for a branch in a repository. After you have created several commits, or if you have cloned a repository with an existing commit history, you'll probably want to look back to see what has happened.
To view the Commit History page:
- Once you are logged in to your AutoRABIT account, go to your Version Control Menu, then click on Commit History.
- On the next page, you can find the list of all commits performed in AutoRABIT in reverse chronological order.
CI Jobs captures the commits performed via CI Jobs in AutoRABIT. Merged Commits displays the merges performed via AutoRABIT. External Commits displays the commits performed outside AutoRABIT.
- For each commit, you can view the following elements:
- Revision ID - You can click on a revision or commit ID to open the commit details page.
- Author details - You can view the author of each commit along with the associated date and time.
- Label, Comment - You can view the associated label and comments (if any) for a commit.
- Source/Target repository and Branch- View the source and target repository as well as the branch where commit is performed.
- You can also select a repository from the repository filter to view the history of a repository.
- You can further select a branch from the branch filter to view the associated history.
Commit History advanced search filtering
You can filter the commit results using the advanced filtering mode in Commit History page.
- Filtering commit by Label: You will see list of all commit labels in the label drop down field. Select a label and click on Go button.
- In case you want to view commits that were authored between any two dates, you can use the From Date and To Date filter to scope down the list of commits.
- You can also filter commits by authors. You will see authors of most recent commits in the author filter drop down.