What is Environment Provisioning?
Environment Provisioning is a unique interface provided by AutoRABIT to quickly facilitate a Salesforce sandbox with metadata and/or data requirements that suit specific needs. These can be created as a template and stored in AutoRABIT. The same templates can be reused multiple times across various module in AutoRABIT. For ex- You can create an Environment Provisioning template to disable validation rules, enable history tracking, anonymous Apex etc., of a certain object as a post-deployment setup.
Accessing Environment Provisioning page
To view the Environment Provisioning page:
- In the AutoRABIT homepage, click on the icon.
- Next, click on Environment Provisioning.
- A screen called Env Provisioning History is displayed listing each template in a grid format.
- For each item, the following information is displayed:
- Status - Get to know the status of the process; whether successfully carried out or not.
- Template Name – View the template name in the chronological orders.
- Author details - You can view the author associated with each template along with the associated date and time.
- Last Modified By - Get the last modified user name information here.
- Salesforce Org – Name of the Salesforce Org where the process was last run can be seen here.
- Last Run - The template last run date and time.
- Actions: Several actions can be performed on this page (see below)
Actions associated with Environment Provisioning
Several actions can be performed in the Environment Provisioning page.
- Creation of a new Template
- Run the Template
- Edit/Delete the Template
- View the Log detail of the process
- View the summary report
To create a new Template
To create a new template, you are required to follow the below steps:
- Go to Environment Provisioning in the AutoRABIT homepage.
- Next click on Create New Template button at the top right corner of the page.
In the succeeding page, do the following:
- Enter a Template Name and a short Description in their respective field.
- Select different rules for which you want to create a template.
- You need to upload XML file for the respective rules selected (except Execute Anonymous Apex).
- Note: For rule Execute Anonymous Apex, you can upload either .TXT or ZIP file.
- The message “File uploaded successfully” is displayed once file gets uploaded.
- Then, click the Save button. You can find you newly created template in the Environment Provisioning history page.
Run the Template
Run option allows you to run the template for a Salesforce org.
- Click Run () icon. A pop page will appear.
- Select a Salesforce org from the drop-down list.
- Enter the mail id(s) in the Notify Me box to get notified via mail.
- Choose the rule(s) that you wish to associate with the selected template.
Note: This will overwrite all other rules which you have opted during creation of a new template process.
- Lastly, click on Run button.
Edit or Delete the Template
To update or delete a Template from your history, click either the Edit () or Delete () icon.
View the Log detail
Log option () allows you to view the log report.
View the summary report
- To view the summary report, click on View History option. A new page gets displayed.
- You can view the last modified date and time along with selected Salesforce org in the left panel of the screen.
- To view the log report, click on Log icon. The reports gets generated on the right side of the page (see sample image above)
- Clicking on Result icon will show the result as given below:
- Re-run option allows you to run the process once again.
- Info option allows you to view the input file which you have uploaded in the initial stage for template creation.