AutoRABIT Environment Provisioning allows users to create Sandbox templates that covers most of the manual activities part of Sandbox provisioning like disable validation rules , enable history tracking, anonymous Apex etc., and run these templates across Sandboxes to automatically perform the activities. This will be extended further in our forthcoming releases as well.
To create a new Template
In order to create a new template, you are required to follow the below steps:
- Go to Environment Provisioning in the AutoRABIT homepage.
- The summary page of Environment Provisioning gets displayed. You can find list of templates created along with necessary details.
- Next click on Create New Template button at the top right corner of the page.
In the succeeding page, do the following:
- Enter a Template Name and a short Description in their respective field.
- Select different rules for which you want to create a template.
- Then, click the Save button. You can find you newly created template in the Environment Provisioning history page.
- You need to upload XML file for the respective rules selected.The message “File uploaded successfully” is displayed once file gets uploaded.
Understanding the Summary Page of Environment Provisioning
- You have various options to perform in the template such as:
- Run: allows to run the process immediately.
- Log: to view the log report.
- Delete: to delete the template, if you no longer require it.
- Edit: Allows the user to edit the details of the template.
- View History: You can view the summary report with this option.
Run option allows you to run the template for a particular Salesforce org.
- Click Run option. A pop page will appear.
- Select a Salesforce org from the drop down list.
- Enter the mail id(s) in the Notify Me box to get notified via mail.
- Check Enable History Tracking on Objects if you want to run the template with this rule. Note: This will overwrite all other rules which you have opted during creation of a new template process.
- Lastly, click on Run button.
Log option allows you to view the log report.
To view the summary report, click on View History option. A new page gets displayed.
- You can view the last modified date and time along with selected Salesforce org in the left panel of the screen.
- To view the log report, click on Log icon. The reports gets generated on the right side of the page (see sample image above)
- Clicking on Result icon will show the result as given below:
- Re-run option allows you to run the process once again.
- Info option allows you to view the input file which you have uploaded in the initial stage for template creation.