Salesforce Org Management
1. How to register a new Salesforce Org in AutoRABIT?
You must register the Salesforce organization to use any Salesforce Org functionality inside AutoRABIT. When you register your Salesforce organization in AutoRABIT, AutoRABIT just gets connected to your Salesforce organization with required permissions.
Procedure to register a new Salesforce Org
To configure AutoRABIT to integrate with a Salesforce organization;
- On the AutoRABIT menu bar, click Admin > Salesforce Org management. The Salesforce Org management page appears listing all Salesforce Org registered in AutoRABIT.
- Click Add to add a new Salesforce organization.
- On the next screen, enter a desired name for the Org in the Salesforce Org Name field.
- In the Salesforce Org Type and Environment drop-down list, select the desired Salesforce Cloud that you want to configure.
- The Salesforce Org URL is auto filled based on Salesforce Org type selection.
- Choose an Authentication types:
- Standard: In Standard authentication, the Username, Password, and Security token of the Salesforce are given and AutoRABIT authenticates the connection.
- Click Validate & Save to register a Salesforce Org.
2. Managing Salesforce Org connections in AutoRABIT
Viewing saved Salesforce org
All the Salesforce organizations registered to AutoRABIT can be seen in the Salesforce Org Management home page.
This page lists details for Org such as:
- Name: the name of the Salesforce org
- Organization Type: Development, Integration, QA or Production
- Environment: Production, Development edition, Sandbox, Pre- Release or Custom Environment
- Username: the username for the org connection
- Access Type: Salesforce (OAuth), My Domain (OAuth)
There are several operations you can do in this page:
- Clone: AutoRABIT clone functionality is used to create records that are like each other, reducing unnecessary retyping.
- Generate Code Coverage Report: This function allows you to run all available Apex Test Class in the Salesforce org and generate code coverage report for the same.
- View or Download Audit Log
- Re-Authenticate: If the OAuth token has expired for a saved connection, click this to re-enter your user credentials and refresh the connection so AutoRABIT can continue to connect to it.
- Test connection: To test that AutoRABIT can connect to the target Salesforce organization when using the credentials of the target Salesforce user.
3. Force Re-Authentication for Salesforce Org registered by OAuth
If the Salesforce Org is registered by an user, and if the same user is migrated to another team or moved out of an organization, then instead of deleting Salesforce Org in AutoRABIT, we provide Force Re-Authentication feature. This helps in prevention of data in the Org.
4. Using Clone feature in AutoRABIT
Cloning is the process of creating records with the same details. AutoRABIT provides the out-of-box feature to clone object records. It’s a way to create a record with similar data and save your precious time.
How to perform Clone operation?
- In the Salesforce Org Management homepage, click on Clone option at the right side of the page. A pop up screen appears.
- Enter a desired name for the Org in the Name field.
- Check User Permission and Version control boxes if you want to clone these mapping as well.
- Click Clone. The newly created clone org will reflect in the Salesforce Org Management homepage.
5. Code Coverage Report
Code Coverage functionality in AutoRABIT allows you to run all available Apex Test Class in the Salesforce Org and generate code coverage report for the same.
How to generate Code Coverage Report?
- In the Salesforce Org Management homepage, click on Generate Code Coverage Report at the right side of the page.
- A new page appears.
- Choose when you want to run the Apex Test Class from the drop-down box.
- Daily: It will run the apex test class daily on time specified.
- Weekly: Choose this option if you want to run the test class weekly.
- No Schedule: This allows you the run the process on demand.
- Next, choose the Test Level from the drop-down field.
- Run All Tests in Org: All the available Apex Test Classes in selected Salesforce Org will be executed.
- Run Local Tests: This option will exclude execution of Apex Test Classes from Managed Packages.
- Run Specified Tests: Allows you to run specific apex test class in the Salesforce Org.
- Click Update & Run button.
6. What is Mapping?
Mapping allows you to commit any metadata changes from one Org to another Org.
How do I map a Salesforce Org to Version Control?
To map an Org with Version Control System (GIT, SVN, etc.), follow the below steps:
- Once you are in Salesforce Org Management homepage, select a org which you like to map from the Registered Salesforce org List.
- Under Salesforce Org- Mappings tab, choose the required Version Control System and click on Mapping.
- Enter the required details and click on Test Connection.
- Click Save Mappings.