To create branch baseline:
1. Go to Administration and select Branching Baseline.
2. You can see the summary page of all the commits done.
3. Click New Branch Baseline.
4. Enter the label name and select a Salesforce org.
5. Select the repository into which the changes have to be committed. The repositories displayed are the ones mapped to the Salesforce org in Version Control Repositories section.
6. Choose a branch in the repository.
7. There is an option to :
- Exclude baseline managed packages
If a managed package is installed in a Salesforce org on a partiuclar date,but a different date is given on the CI job created, then the installed managed package numbers are also loaded. To skip those installed managed packages, we have an option to exclude baseline managed package changes.
- Delete existing metadata and commit new change
The process will delete al existing metadata and commit all the metadata members from the Salesforc eorg tp the version control repository.
8. After the branch is created, it is displayed in the summary page.